Experienced Occupational Therapist
Benefits of the role
- Low target hours (60%)
- Decision-making control over your case load
- Funded opportunities for professional development
- Flexible start date and part-time options available
- Flexible leave options
- Attractive parental leave options
- Remote working options
- New computer or computer allowance
- Involvement in decision-making as part of a self-managed team
- Travel costs covered
You’ve probably heard about Buurtzorg. Neighbourhood Care represents the entry into the Australian market for the revolutionary home-care provider. Founded in the Netherlands in 2007, Buurtzorg is currently operating in 26 countries and is driving positive change in the disability, allied health, and aged care sectors. Our approach to care is holistic, and provided through self-managed teams of up to 12 highly-trained and qualified support workers, nurses, and allied health practitioners operating within a specific area – or “neighbourhood”. We value lifelong learning, and offer opportunities for you to grow and develop as a professional and as a person.
Work with us
We are looking for experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team in the Perth metropolitan area and help grow our NDIS services in the community. Both part-time and full-time options are available.
With us, you will be working in a self-managing team, allowing you to work more collaboratively with your clients and their support networks, improve communication, and reduce bureaucracy as you support your clients in working towards achieving their goals.
Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your client’s needs. You will work with a range of people with varying ages and backgrounds. You will provide tailored therapy services that make a meaningful, positive difference. Aside from your work as an Occupational Therapist, you are a team member in a self-managing team. This means that you will have opportunities to contribute on a broader scale and develop your own skills in a team setting.
You are an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is excited to provide therapy for people in the comfort of their own home or in the community and are excited by the idea of working in a small, self-managing team. Experience in working with people with complex needs is preferred.
You would describe yourself as
- Open-minded, non-judgemental
- Friendly and professional
- Passionate about meaningful therapy and support
- Team player
- Confident with the use of technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Demonstrated experience with the NDIS
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with complex needs
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights-based, person-centred therapy practices
- Demonstrated experience with positive behaviour support practices
- Ability to remain calm when faced with challenging behaviour
- Resilient and positive outlook
- Australian driver’s licence
- National Police Clearance
- Full Australian working rights
- First Aid certificate (including CPR)
Salary range: $80K – $120K depending on experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 292 273.
Read more from: www.nhcare.com.au
Find us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/neighbourhood-care/
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NeighbourhoodCareAU