We are looking for a female Experienced Support Worker for a person based in Rosewood, QLD.
SHADS level 2.1 – 2.3: $28 – $30 per hour
Permanent Part time: 16 hours per week
Are you passionate about using your talent and experience to deliver care and support?
Neighbourhood Care is a different type of homecare provider- with a people-first attitude, our self-managed autonomous teams help people live independently in the comfort of their own home.
Come join us!
If this role is not applicable to you, but you would like to join the Perth or Brisbane team, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
About our Client:
Hi, I am a woman in my early thirties living in my own home in Rosewood seeking a female support worker to assist me to get out and involved in my community.
I love animals and own two cats and a dog. I love the outdoors, music, going out for lunch and shopping, dressing in beautiful clothes and getting my makeup done and also watching movies. I am looking for a support worker with similar interests who is well-connected within the Rosewood community.
You understand valued social roles, community inclusion and can help find community places to share my talents and interests.
You must be a good communication partner and be able to assist me in interacting with others and engaging confidently in new environments.
You must also have a commitment to working alongside me and my family towards my vision of a good life.
- Discovering and exploring my talents, passions and contributions.
- Researching welcoming venues, places and community groups.
- Helping me set up for success by planning best introductions to new groups and venues. This includes: skill development and risk assessment.
- Assisting me to participate in social/ interest groups, explore roles and develop and nurture new relationships.
- Always helping me in discovering new and exciting opportunities.
- Minimum of Certificate III in Disability (or equivalent)
- Ability to offer support to mobilise and transfer using an electric wheelchair
- Australian Driver’s licence
- NDIS Worker Screening check
- First Aid Certificate incl. CPR
- Maybo Training
- Full Australian working rights
- Experience in behaviours of concern, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and psychosocial ability is desirable.
About the Service Provider:
Neighbourhood Care is the Australian branch of the Dutch homecare provider Buurtzorg (https://www.buurtzorg.com) which started in the Netherlands in 2007 and is now the biggest provider, with over 15,000 staff. We differentiate ourselves by our holistic person-centred approach provided by qualified, well-trained permanent employees who work in self-managed teams to a maximum of 10 – 12, in their local neighbourhoods.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or call Fletcher Tame on 0403 607 021 for further information.
Your application will address the following questions –
- Do you have full rights to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have working with people with disability?
- Do you have current Working with Children and Positive Notice (Blue and Yellow card) checks?
- Do you have a current Australian Driver’s licence?
- Do you have a qualification in disability or equivalents?
- Do you have fluent English language skills?
- Do you own or have access to a car to transport people?