We are looking for experienced Support Workers to join our teams in Gold Coast, QLD and Perth, WA to grow our NDIS services in the community. We offer part-time or full-time permanent employment.
With our clients, their families, and their support network, you and your Neighbourhood Care team will work collaboratively to support the person to achieve their goals. You will be working in a self-managing team.
Your day-to-day tasks as a Support Worker will vary depending on the individual’s needs. You will work with a range of clients with varying ages and backgrounds. You will provide tailored services that really make a positive difference. Aside from your work as a Support Worker you are a team member in a self-managing team. This means you will have opportunities to contribute on a broader scale and develop your own skills in a team setting.
You are an enthusiastic and passionate individual who is excited to provide care and support to people in the comfort of their own home or in the community and likes working collaboratively in a small self-managing team. Experience in working with people with complex needs is preferred.
You would describe yourself as:
- Open-minded, non-judgemental
- Friendly and professional
- Passionate about meaningful care and support
- Team player
- Confident with the use of technology
- A minimum of Certificate III in Disability or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience working with people with complex needs
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights-based, person-centred support practices
- Demonstrated experience with positive behaviour support practices
- Can remain calm when faced with inappropriate or challenging behaviour
- Resilient and positive outlook
- Australian driver’s licence
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Full Australian working rights
- First Aid certificate (including CPR)
Neighbourhood Care is the Australian branch of the Dutch homecare provider Buurtzorg (https://www.buurtzorg.com), who started in The Netherlands in 2007 and is there the biggest provider with over 15,000 staff. Buurtzorg went international in 2012 and currently operates in 25 countries worldwide, including Australia.
We differentiate ourselves with our holistic care approach provided by qualified, well-trained, permanent employed staff, who work in self-managed teams of maximum 10 to 12 people in a certain area; the neighbourhood. Our teams are interdisciplinary and consist of Allied Health professionals, nurses and support workers who work collaboratively to ensure the best outcome of the client. In Australia, Neighbourhood Care provides home care services for the NDIS, Aged Care, and post-intervention care.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work with Neighbourhood Care to email@example.com or call 1800 292 273.